Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Fecund 2.0

I was not happy with the wording for my first version of fecund, which takes up so much reminder text that you can't realistically do much with it.

So I cleaned it up, and by doing so, kind of loosened it up into a weird Animal Kingdom/"Do it like they do on the Discovery Channel" kind of place.

Here's the new version:


So, yeah, we've got crossbreeding going on all over the place. You can make a token of one of your other fecund creatures or even one of your opponents'. They're animals. They're apparently not very choosy. Something in the water in Guthreham.

Some other simple commons:



So these are obviously very simple french vanillas in common. When you start making them more complex, you really have to be careful:


When I initially made this octopus, he drew you a card when he died. But then I realized that essentially made him a bomb, possibly bumping him up to rare. He would be the selected creature of every single fecund creature you played and you'd keep trying to make tokens of him. I don't think that makes him broken, but I didn't want blue to be the primary fecund color. It does make for an interesting identity with green, but it might compete with the black-green vermin theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment