Monday, June 11, 2018

Oh, Hey Look. It's Reave!

So I've been fretting all this time about whether Reave was just too parasitic to work in a set that wasn't heavily focused on graveyard shenanigans.

Today is the start of spoiler season for the new Core set, out in July. Check this out:


It's Reave! It's unkeyworded and not entirely exactly the same, but the central mechanical concept is there: Something is triggered when a card leaves your graveyard.

It's interesting that this is a rare. I wonder how much creature recursion is in the core set? There must be quite a bit if they're worried about people getting too many 1/1 flying bats that they've put this as a rare.

The Desecrated Tomb is similar to one of my concepts for Amonkhet-themed version I did for the Goblin Artisan GDS3 exercise. I visualized Temmet (the U/W embalm lord legend) returning as a W/B mummy leader. Whenever a card left your graveyard you'd get a 2/2 white zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment